Blood Drive is a Success!

This year’s blood drive was a hit! A generous part of the student body flocked to the gymnasium to offer their blood. Even those students who scarcely find themselves attending school wouldn’t have missed this opportunity for 3 maracas and a mimosa (it’s quite a popular South American cinema saying, similar to how us Americans say “I’m so hungry I could eat a horse)!

“Giving blood sure is a draining event,” junior Matvei Duzhikin lightheartedly joked. Dull jokes aside, students were ready and willing to help out the blood-deprived and needy.

The Red Cross had a busy day as hundreds of THS students rushed to recreational facilities for bagels and juice, and not to mention, the excellent opportunity to give. “It felt good to make a difference even though I felt pretty weak afterwards,” senior Jamie Merashoff said.

Altogether, enough blood was donated to save people of all sorts of blood types! “No matter what blood type someone had, they were able to give. And I think that’s really cool,” quoted senior Ariel Barbosa.

Until next year, students are saving up their blood for a drive speculated to be bigger and better than ever. Invest those stocks, because the Red Cross blood stock is booming!