Junior Prom: A Night to Remember

Leeannah McNew, Staff Writer

Event: Junior prom. Location: Towson High School. Theme: Old Hollywood. Every school dance starts with these basics which helps it blossom into a night full of crazy memories.

It all starts with the getting ready process. Hours before the dance involves going to hair, makeup, nail appointments, and picking up the boutonniere/corsage. Girls get ready with their friends and everyone gathers to take pictures together. The weather had been lousy that morning, but luckily cleared up in time when everyone was taking pictures.

The style of each dress ranges from girl to girl, but a common theme this year were sparkly dresses. They added a touch of glamour to the event. And of course, you can’t forget about shoes! Heels were worn for pictures to complete the entire look, but came off when it was time to dance and more comfortable shoes were thrown on.

At the dance, there was pizza and candy to munch on when guests got tired of dancing. Overall, the DJ played some good tunes and even included some throwbacks. A photographer circled around to capture the happy faces of the crowd. Unfortunately, things got rowdy and someone got thrown out for crowd surfing. Classic.

The cafeteria, where the dance is held, was decorated with lights, gold coiled accents, streamers that hung around the pillars, and stars that lined the walls.

“The night was filled with laughter, good times,and friends,” says junior Serena Roberts. Afterwards, everyone parted ways and hung out with their friends either at their house or at the diner. It was a night to remember and a good way to mark the final months of junior year.

• School News

Short and Sweet Graduation

• School News

Spirit Week

• School News

Junior Prom

• School News

Why the Walk Out Made a Mark

• Junior Prom: A Night to Remember

School News

2018 THS Disney Trip

• Junior Prom: A Night to Remember

School News

Ring Dance 2018

• School News

Future Business Leaders of America

• Junior Prom: A Night to Remember

School News

Senior Talent Show

• Junior Prom: A Night to Remember

School News

One Last Hoorah for the Seniors

• Junior Prom: A Night to Remember

School News

Past General with Present Success

Our mission is to work as a team to provide relevant and contemporary content that connects the Towson community, one story at a time.
Junior Prom: A Night to Remember