Senior Fundraiser

Senior+Fundraiser

Picture a barren desert. Sand swirls in the wind, a lone tumbleweed drags across the lifeless ground, and a dusty animal skull lays tossed on its side.

The above description depicts the senior fundraisers of the past. With weak selling items and limited prizes, senior participation was at a staggering all-time low. And as participation dwindled, so did the revenue created for the senior class. Oh, those poor senior classes had a budget that could have been surpassed by a few children selling some lemonade. Luckily those are days of the past. Now, senior participation is abundant and seniors are busy at work to earn the most for their class.

In the past few years, a new selling menu has been created with worthwhile prizes. Students who sell a required number of items can earn rewards from money off their senior prom tickets all the way to earning two free prom tickets. Prom doesn’t come cheap. It’s expensive and it may seem as if cash is being sucked straight out of your wallet. So to the practical students the choice is easy: sell, sell, sell.

And the students have been doing exactly that. This year’s main senior fundraiser has been expanded to all types of crazy new items that are much different from the traditional wrapping paper and boxed chocolate combination. Students can sell pizza, various types of cookie dough, Oreo churros, Auntie Anne’s Pretzels, Tupperware containers, and much more.

These new items have definitely paid off and profits have risen significantly. Seniors such as Jacob Langer and Jabriah Stevens have personally taken part in the sweeping participation for the senior fundraiser. Jacob says, “The new selling items appeal really well to my friends and family which make it easy to sell a ton of items.”

Jabriah exclaims, “Those prom tickets can be expensive. I’m trying to get myself a free ticket by selling a lot.” Both students cast a beaming light on the simple, yet important changes behind the new senior fundraiser. It is extremely easy to sell and the rewards are worthwhile.

So to those of you who are on the edge of the fence and still deciding whether to participate: Do it! To the underclassmen who will be seniors: Do it! The senior fundraiser is quite possibly one of the easiest fundraisers to partake in and its prizes make it the most rewarding. No one needs to be a top seller. Just meet a quota and you can have yourself two free prom tickets. Join in on the movement sweeping across the senior class and sell for the senior fundraiser.