Fall Sports Profile 2014-2015

VARSITY BADMINTON

Coach: Evan Sonneborn

Captains: Seniors Tiffany Zheng, Ben Miller, and Anneliese Feldman

Game to attend: Come out Tuesday, September 23 at 3:45 when the Generals take the court against our rivals, the Dulaney Lions!

Team goal: “As the reigning county champions, we plan to defend our title for the seventh year.” – Anneliese Feldman, senior

Varsity Badminton

VARSITY GOLF

Coach: Thomas Blair

Game to attend: On Tuesday, October 14, our Generals will take on all other BCPS teams at the Diamond Ridge Golf course. First tee-off is at 1:00, so missing this match would be five strokes under par!

Team goal: “Our goals are improving our pace of play, eliminating mental errors, and proudly representing THS at the end of season tournaments.” – Coach Blair

Varsity Golf

BOYS’ CROSS COUNTRY

Coach: Tim Tenne

Meet to attend: Bull Run Invitational at Hereford High School (9/27)

Team goal: “Both the guys and girls have done really well so far, and we’re looking to continue that success for the rest of our races and do well in the championship meets.”- Luke Bender, senior

JV Boys CCVarsity Boys CC

GIRLS’ CROSS COUNTRY

Coach: Gil Stange

Meet to go to: Baltimore County Championships at Dulaney  High School (10/18)

Team Goal: “Towson XC is off to a promising start this season! The girls are all so fun to be around, and the team’s work ethic is great. If we can keep at it, I think we have a good chance at winning States.” – Johanna Admiraal, junior

JV Girls CCVarsity Girls CC

JV FOOTBALL

Coach:  Jamie Biddison

Game to go to: Homecoming game against Loch Raven (10/25)

Team goal: “Our goal for the remainder of the season is to win the rest of our games. We feel like we have yet to reach our full potential, so we will work harder than ever to win these last four games.” – Nick Wynn, sophomore

JV Football

VARSITY FOOTBALL 

Coach: Chad Knippenberg

Team Goal: “If our defense and offense work in unity, we could be a dangerous team on the field and win a lot of games.” –Kevin Spencer, senior

Varsity Football

JV VOLLEYBALL

Coaches: Janet Kines

Captains: Sophomores Amy Fondersmith, Georgia Kerns, Cappy Ferber

Games to Watch: Hereford at the Hereford Gym on October 2nd

Team goal: “We all really want to go undefeated and get ready to play Dulaney in regionals.” – Georgia Kerns, sophomore

JV Volleyball

VARSITY VOLLEYBALL

Coaches: Emily Berman, Kim Forthuber

Captains: Seniors Isabel Faust, Nicole Ebaugh, Haley Hicklen, and Caroline Deignan

Games to Watch:  The Homecoming Game and Senior Night are against Eastern Tech on October 24th

Team goal: “Over the season we want to grow and get better both as individuals and as a team.” – Coach Berman

Varsity Volleyball

JV GIRLS’ SOCCER

Coach: Shayna Kirschenbaum

Game to attend: Come out on Tuesday, September 30th at 3:45 to support our Lady Generals as they battle it out with Loch Raven on the Stadium field!

Team goal: “It’s not about winning; we just want to become better as a team.”  – Hazel Barroca, sophomore

JV Girls Soccer

GIRLS’ VARSITY SOCCER

Coach: Matt Clifford

Assistant Coaches: Amy Bornman, Paul Pellegrini, John Bornman

Game to attend: Come support Towson as they take it to Goucher College to clash with the rival Dulaney Lions! Be there on Tuesday, October 21 at 3:30 and cheer your Generals to a victory!

Team goal: “ [The] main goal is for the team to win regionals and maintain our shutout.” –Carolina Rutz, senior

Varsity Girls Soccer

BOYS JV SOCCER

Coach:  Jeffry Brotman

Captains: Sophomores Brooks Benassi and Michael Donohue

Game to attend:  Friday, September 19 against Kenwood. The game starts at 3:45 on the Stadium field. Let’s cheer the Generals on to victory!

Team Goal: “To move them away from individual skills and move to team skills… and finish strong as a result.” – Coach Brotman

JV Boys Soccer

BOYS’ VARSITY SOCCER

Coach: Randy Dase

Assistant Coach: Job Becker

Game to attend: After watching the girls’ Varsity soccer team on October 21, why not stay for the boys? Our Varsity Generals will also be playing at Goucher College, so come out and support the Generals one last time against Dulaney!

Team goal: “We want to improve on our season by winning a regional championship; we lost to C Milton Wright in the  regional championship last year.” –James Miller, senior

Varsity Boys Soccer

JV FIELD HOCKEY

Coaches: Heather Harget

Captains: Sophomores Hannah Connelly and Shae LaCasse

Games to Watch: Dulaney at Goucher College on October 9th

Team goal: “Beating Hereford would be a great achievement for our team.” – Peyton Skeels, sophomore

JV Field Hockey

VARSITY FIELD HOCKEY

Coaches: Samantha Merrick

Captains: Seniors Cate Amos, Elise Adams, Morgan Merrill, Jamesy Woods

Games to Watch: Dulaney at Goucher College on October 8th

Team goals: “Overall, going undefeated is a major goal this year.” – Rachel May, sophomore

Varsity Field Hockey