Homecoming and What to Expect

Homecoming is right around the corner, taking place on October 30th, the day after the pep rally on the 29th. However, due to COVID-19 restrictions from BCPS, it’s going to look a little different this year. Homecoming dances are explicitly forbidden from taking place inside, but that won’t stop the Generals from making the best of this unusual yet familiar situation. Starting at 11 am on Saturday the 30th (Happy almost-Halloween, Generals!), the SGA is putting on a Fall Fest at Towson High School. There will be music, games, raffles, food, and many of the Towson clubs have pitched in to sponsor an event at the festival. This is a great way to get to know the many different organizations offered by THS, especially for the incoming freshman and the sophomores that weren’t able to attend in-person last year.

But wait! That’s not all.

Before the Fall Fest, starting bright and early at 8:30 am (though how early is it really, because on a weekday you’d be almost done with first period) is a pancake breakfast at the Backyard. It will be a fundraiser for the SGA, so by attending, you’d also be supporting the school! You can find posters all around the school advertising this breakfast, and you should scan one of the QR codes if you’re interested in learning more.

Next in our lineup of events is the Fall Fest, of course, and starting promptly at 1 pm is a THS Varsity Football game. In conclusion, if you’d like – and which student wouldn’t want to spend all day having fun and supporting our school – the HoCo 2021 Fall Fest can be an all-day event.  The (spirit) week before the Fall Fest will include activities such as hallway decorating, tie-dye, poster-making, and the pep rally, all of which should get the student body hyped for this year’s Homecoming.

The Student Government Association should be congratulated on making the best of and adapting to a post-pandemic world. As we all know, coming up with compromises for these unprecedented times can be difficult, but the members of the SGA have done a great job to make this as enjoyable as possible for every student at THS.

We hope to see you there!