Every School Needs Unity

Every School Needs Unity

Introducing the Towson High School BSU!

Towson High School has a new BSU!  It’s the talk of the school. BSU stands for the Black Student Union, but everyone is welcomed: “This includes all students, teachers, and staff. We love and appreciate each new face we encounter,” says Autymn Epps who is the president of the BSU.

“I encourage diversity and academic excellence among all African Americans and other minority groups,” said Epps.  Blacks students are one of the many minority groups at our school and this group brings unity to us all. People of all races and ethnicity come to the BSU meetings to discuss things like safety in the school, classroom interaction with teachers, and more. Everyone’s opinion counts and is valued.

There are high hopes for the club next year.  It is currently run mostly by seniors and Ms. Jacobs, who is a guidance counselor here at Towson High. The seniors who are leaving soon are now finding new candidates who are able to fill spots like president, cice president, event planner, and fundraiser planner.

The club meets on Thursdays after school between the times of 2:30 and 3:30. There are sometimes other special evens like field trips and open forums. They actually just had their first field trip, which was a success.  The students went to the National Museum of African American History and Culture.

If you’re interested in joining the BSU, please see Ms. Jacobs in the guidance office.