Habitat for Humanity Club

Photo via Cara Jones

Photo via Cara Jones

Photo via Cara Jones

Serena Roberts, Senior Editor

The Habitat for Humanity Club was created last year by senior Brendan Lemon and since that first meeting in February, the club has taken off. The club started out with less than 10 people but this year the club has shot up to over 50 members. I’ve been a member of the club since the start and I have to say it’s the best club I’ve joined at Towson yet. 

October 21st was the first build site of the year and 5 seniors from the club were chosen to go. The build site was on McCabe Street in Baltimore City, near the build site of the last project in March. Mr. Collins is the club advisor so he was there with the students to help finish a townhouse.  

The seniors were put to work with laying laminate flooring all over the house and by the end of the day, they completed the whole house. Senior Cara Jones said, “We helped with the final stages of a couple townhomes by laying laminate flooring and we finish the entire house in a day. I was truly a fulfilling experience and a great day to spend with my friends.” 

Brendan Lemon is very proud of how far the club has gone and can’t wait for future build sites. “It was such a great and rewarding experience to build something tangible for those less fortunate.” 

I am the club’s fundraiser coordinator with Cara Jones and I cannot wait to set up fun fundraisers and go on more exciting and fulfilling build site trips. 

• Opinion

Opposing Viewpoints: Taking a Knee

• Habitat for Humanity Club

Student Life

Spirit Week Highlights

• Habitat for Humanity Club

Fall Sports

A Football Game For the Books

• Student Life

Water Coolers Revisited: What’s next for Towson’s top source of refreshment?

• Sports

Commemorating 2017

• Habitat for Humanity Club

School News

Junior Prom: A Night to Remember

• Habitat for Humanity Club

School News

One Love Clothing Drive: Help support victims of abuse

• Student Life

51st Edition of Colophon: What is it and why you should give it a read

• Habitat for Humanity Club

School News

Testing has Begun!

• Habitat for Humanity Club

Student Life

Ring in Review

Our mission is to work as a team to provide relevant and contemporary content that connects the Towson community, one story at a time.
Habitat for Humanity Club