Habitat for Humanity Club

Photo via Cara Jones

Photo via Cara Jones

Photo via Cara Jones

Serena Roberts, Senior Editor

In 2014, the Habitat for Humanity Club was created by former Towson students James DeSantis and Thomas Davlin.   After they graduated, the club no longer met until Brendan Lemon approached Mr. Daniel Collins last year to restart the Towson chapter. Since then, the club has taken off.  Although there were only ten members at the beginning of this year, it’s now up to 50. I’ve been a member of the club since 2016 and it’s the best club I’ve been involved in.

October 21st was the first build site of the year and five seniors from the club were chosen to go. The build site was on McCabe Street in Baltimore City, near the build site of the last project in March. Mr. Collins is the club advisor so he was there with the students to help finish a townhouse.  

The seniors were put to work with laying laminate flooring all over the house and by the end of the day, they completed the whole house. Senior Cara Jones said, “We helped with the final stages of a couple townhomes by laying laminate flooring and we finish the entire house in a day. I was truly a fulfilling experience and a great day to spend with my friends.” 

Brendan Lemon, a current member, is very proud of how far the club has gone and can’t wait for future build sites. “It was such a great and rewarding experience to build something tangible for those less fortunate.” 

I am the club’s fundraiser coordinator with Cara Jones and I cannot wait to set up fun fundraisers and go on more exciting and fulfilling build site trips. 

• Student Life

Let Summer 2018 Begin!

• Student Life

AP Fun Times

• Habitat for Humanity Club

Student Life

Stranger Things 2: Frighteningly Good sequel?

• Habitat for Humanity Club

Student Life

If we fall, so will our GPA’s

• Habitat for Humanity Club

Student Life

You MUST Play Exploding Kittens!

• Habitat for Humanity Club

Student Life

Fortnite: The Art of Bushin’ It

• Student Life

Where are all the Resolutions Going?

• Habitat for Humanity Club

Student Life

Holiday Kindness and Cheer

• Student Life

‘Tis the Season for Starbucks

• Habitat for Humanity Club

Student Life

Towsonolabokaflod

Our mission is to work as a team to provide relevant and contemporary content that connects the Towson community, one story at a time.
Habitat for Humanity Club