Boys’ Varsity Soccer

When the boys’ varsity soccer bus pulls into the Aigburth lot after a win, you might hear, “I believe that we will win!” and a chant described by senior Jack Ware as a variation of the well-known Raven’s chant, which “you’d have to be there” to fully experience with all of its “oohs and ahhhs.”

The boys’ varsity soccer team, aside from their glorious talent, has developed a reputation for their spirit. It’s easy to tell when the boys have brought home the “W” without even going to the game just by checking snapchat. There is no doubt that after a conquering match, every boy on the soccer team will have their snapchat story updated with a video of the cheerful bus ride home, and their teammates singing along to whatever chant is echoing through the bus.

If you were to ask almost any Towson High student about the boys’ varsity soccer team, the most girls might say how dreamy they are and most guys would say that they are a bunch of goofballs. They indeed are dreamy goofballs, but they are highly respected for their skill level on the pitch. The record for their regular season brought THS pride with a winning season of 8-5-1, and this isn’t the first year of their triumph. The varsity boys’ soccer team has been well acclaimed for their talents for many years here at Towson.

These Generals are commanded by Coach Dase and Coach Becker. Dase has a legacy at our school, having been a student in the 80s and a beloved teacher and coach here for years. His famous philosophy of “You gotta have fortitude!” has been embedded in the hearts of all the boys he has mentored over the years. The “young buck,” as Coach Becker is known, was also a student here at Towson High not too long ago. He graduated in 2009 and was a soccer player himself for Towson all throughout high school. The powerhouse combination of Dase’s acquired wisdom and Becker’s energy and on-field playing expertise set this year’s team up with a remarkable foundation.